Principal of MB studies
The principal of ΜΒ studies Dr Maria Batziou, holds a BA (Hons), Ethniko Kapodisrtriako University of Athens, an ΜA (Hons) in language learning, University of Greenwich and a PhD in applied linguistics, University of Portsmouth.
She has been working as a foreign language teacher since 1997. She teaches English and Spanish and speaks five languages. She founded ΜΒ studies in 2006. She has been a member of the Panhellenic Association of Language School Owners (EUROPALSO) since 2007. She has been a member of the scientific committee of Europalso since 2015. She writes for “Parents” magazine and lectures at seminars and conferences
Her linguistic interest focuses on Input Processing Theory and its application on language teaching. She has presented the results of her research at international conferences in Greece and abroad. Two papers related to her research have been published in international linguistic journals.
- Making Research in Second Language Acquisition usable for Instruction and Instructors, New York College (November 2014 in Athens, Greece)
- The international conference of the American Association for Applied Linguistics (AAAL) (April 2016 in Orlando, Florida, USA)
- 37th annual meeting, Department of Linguistics Aristoteleion University of Thessaloniki (May 2016 in Thessaloniki, Greece)
- Summer Seminars of EUROPALSO (July 2017 in Athens, Greece)
- 32nd Annual Conference of EUROPALSO (August 2017 in Athens, Greece)
- Award of Excellence, State Scholarships Foundation (IKY) First Award in 2000-2001
- Award of Excellence, State Scholarships Foundation (IKY) Second Award in 2002-2003.
- “Student of the year award”, ΜΑ in language learning, University of Greenwich, 2013-2014.
- Benati, A., & Batziou, M. (2017). The relative effects of isolated and combined structured input and structured output on the acquisition of the English causative forms. International Review of Applied Linguistics in Language Teaching.
- Benati, A., & Batziou, M. (2018). Discourse and long-term effects of isolated and combined structured input and structured output on the acquisition of the English causative form. Language Awareness.
Benati, A., & Batziou, M. (2018). Discourse and long-term effects of isolated and combined structured input and structured output on the acquisition of the English causative form. Language Awareness. https://researchportal.port.ac.uk/portal/en/publications/discourse-and-longterm-effects-of-isolated-and-combined-structured-input-and-structured-output-on-the-acquisition-of-the-english-causative-form(75f8e289-b6c5-4f49-a53e-8e7e65e5743a)/export.html